Friday, January 21, 2011

hikeing and cliff climbing..a little water splashing too!

Lisa's family invited us all to join them on a small hike up to Jump Creek. It was a short hike but so much fun. There was cliffs the kids could climb, and tunnles (caves ) to play in, and at the end of the trail is a small pond with a waterfall. The kids had so much fun climing and playing in the water. I took so many pictures and had a hard time picing from them.....my girls were so stinkin cute and HAPPY! This is us putting on the camel paks and handing out water bottles. Off we go up the trail.
Not too far in there were the clifs to climb......oh my fearless kids! Trinitte on the rocks.


Tristynn...so proud she was doing it!

Almost to the cove!!!!
Tristynn comeing down......skirts are NOT the best climbing atire...but I was not aware of thepotential climb before we came.
Trinitee finally comeing down....Kiara and Tristynn were ready to move on.

Crossing the little creek in our path.
The girls asking for a picture in the little out cove thing next to the trail.

just a rock over hang along the trail.....gotta love my Kiara and her poses!

A cave tunnel at the pond.....it goes up to some cliffs by the waterfall......needless to say I went AROUND...the opening in the top is MUCH smaller than the one down here!!

THE WATERFALL!!

Playing in the water and hopping from rock to rock!!

So Cute .....Trinitee trying to not get wet ...she would just go from rock to rock, to rock.


This is a crawdad.....nope we did not catch it....nor are any of us holding it. Some other kids were there and they were catching them...they had a bucket full. The girls thought the "crabs" were pretty neat but did not want to touch them...just look.

This is Trinitee on the other side of the tunnel above the waterfall....she screamed down to me "MOMMY...TAKE MY PICTURE!" So I did.
After playing at the waterfall for a bit we hiked back.....we decided to make a fire and eat dinner. Right by our fire site there was a little creek and the kids played in it while we got the food going.
Kiara and Topher in the creek.

Tristynn throwing rocks into the creek.

Trinitee desided she needed to get wet after all.....but NOT her shoes.

All the kids in the creek!


The fire ........we ate dinner and then headed home......my girls and I had a grat time....We told Bree about it and she decided next time she will go with us.....maybe this summer I will talk ALL my kids into going!
























1 comment:

Kim said...

That looks like soooooo much fun!!! I can't believe we never knew about that hile while we lived there (we love to do things like that). Anyhow...the kids look like they had a great time!!! I LOVE all the pics!!! Way to go Heather!!!