Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My poor Tristynn! The day after our bike ride, this is what Tristynn's face looked like...the picture does not even do it justice! Her face was all bumpy and poofy and red. Our Dr. thought it was an alergic reaction to the suntan lotion and a little bit heat stroke. In the next few days it gotworse and worse. It was so hot to touch and her whole face poofed up...almost closing her eyes completely. We were a little worried for a bit, the rash was spreadingdown her body....and one morning I noticed full on blisters forming on her fingures.....back to the doc we went. He said that this was the worst case of heat rash he had ever seen.....said that most likley we would have to stay in for the summer...only litte trips in the heat with Tristynn. Now I really thought this was a possibility because when Greg was with us we did not stay out in the heat for a long time due to the MS....so maybe Tristynn did have heat issues and we just had not seen it yet. But I was bummed because I had been so ready to take the kids out to do things that were harder when Greg was with us....but that I knew he would have wanted us to do....camping, hiking, bikeing...etc. So after ajusting to the idea I desided to get her a blessing of comfort to at least help her through the healing process. The blessing said she would be better in days (not weeks..DAYS!) and that we would be able to continue with outdoor activities the rest of the summer with no health issues...........WOOHOO!!!!!!! I was so exited to hear that......and of course three days later the rash is all but gone and off on adventuring we went....no health issues all summer......I LOVE THE PRISTHOOD!










So for our first adventure, we went on a hike up 8th St. outside of Boise. We went with Lisa and her family (you will hear that a lot as we spent most of our time this summer with Lisa's crew). This is all the kids at the begining of the trail. It was 2.5 miles down...looped over and back up. We got a little mist, but it felt nice as we hiked.....we also got a little surprise......................

The kids wanted to climb on every rock along the path...we let them climb a couple.

Just a cute pic...Kiara, Isaac, and Topher.....I just loved this shot....not sure why.



Oh how lovely I look.....me and the little ones marching along...they loved this hike...they have so much energy, and they love Lisa's kids too.



so about 1.5 miles in we desided to stop and have a snack....some water and crackers and cheese sticks... as we are opening boxes and backpacks I hear this sound like dry leaves rustling...... oh I heard it again..........




See how I am looking in that tree next to the path...I am trying to figure out what that dang noise is...........then I look down............IT IS A SNAKE>>>>>A RATTLE SNAKE!!!!!!!!! It is sitting under a rock about 2 feet from my shoe.......I quietly tell Lisa who is standing next to me...and we quckly usher the children up the path a little farther. ( seeming as the snake has now warned me 4 times before I figured out it was not the tree!!!) Everyone is fine and the little babby rattler was more scared than me I think.............






Here is my snake......NO, I did not take the picture...Lisa's husband thought I did not know the difference between a rattle snake and a water snake...so he went to check it out....I was RIGHT!






So now we are eating our snack on a bridge...no rocks to hid under here...so no snakes LOL.




Walking up hill is a little tougher than down hill.....taking turns with the back pack.....fun stuff!





YEAH!!! We made it to the end....I was so pleased with myself ....I only had a little bit of a hard time on the steaper parts but it was a fun..little hike.













1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like fun!! While we were at Martin's Cove we learned that the baby rattlers are more dangerous than the older ones because they don't know when/how to stop the venom. I am soooo glad everyone was OK!!!